Friday, April 8, 2011

54 days!

Hey there friends and family,
It's exam time here at Queen's University, and while I don't leave for Ghana until June 1st, what's a better way to procrastinate than make a blog?
So, here are the details:
I leave June 1st, at which point I fly into Rabat, Morocco. I am spending just 7 days on a whirlwind adventure around Morocco. Casablanca, Marrakesh, and Fez are on my to do list.
I arrive in Accra, Ghana on June 9th, where I will meet Team Ghana from Queen's Project on International Development (QPID). I love Team Ghana. <3
Aminta, our Site Director, will be going between the two projects and basically making sure we're doing our jobs. Heather and Robin are working in Accra for an organization called Kumasi Institute for Technology and Environment (KITE) doing a rural internet project. Sara and I are working in Takoradi for an organization called Friends of the Nation (FoN) on a sustainable fishery project.
For those 3 months, I will be using this blog as a way to update everyone on my internship and my adventures.



This is Ghana. As you can see, Takoradi is on the coastline. It's about a 4 hour bus ride to Accra, the capital.
54 days until I leave! Lots of prep (and packing) to do between now and then, but I couldn't be more excited. My Ghana travel guide has become my bible.
My favourite page:
















Here are some links that may be useful if you want to learn more about my project:
QPID website: http://engsoc.queensu.ca/qpid/
FoN website: http://www.fonghana.20m.com/aboutus1.htm

Keep smiling,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment