Sunday, May 1, 2011

One month? No way, Jose.

Hola amigos,
My Mom says that, "No Way, Jose."Sometimes I say it around my friends and they look at me like I'm crazy. Moving on...

It's May 1st, and it's a beautiful sunny day! More exciting, exactly ONE MONTH before I leave for Morocco and Ghana. Today I leave Kingston to go home to Goderich for a month. Because my room in Kingston has been totally emptied for my summer sublettler, I've done a lot of packing already. I'm gonna rock my khaki capris and birkenstocks this summer. Yesterday, at Cooperant* Training, we received our first aid kits, which are huge. I'm a little worried about getting everything to fit into a hiker's pack...
*Sidenote: Cooperants is the term QPID uses for their project volunteers, so you may hear me using it occasionally.
Other than packing and logistic stuff, I've done a bit of planning for Morocco. I'm no longer going to Fez, so that I can go some more outdoorsy things around Marrakech, such as hiking to Ouzoud Falls, and going on a camel trek. 

Ouzoud Falls:

Camel Trekking:

Also, you may have noticed a fancy new "Related Websites" section on the left. Ooooh, Aaaaah! Team Ghana and Botswana have decided to keep Team Blogs, so we can all contribute to a single blog over the summer. So if you're interested in reading my teammates perspectives, have a look! Hopefully Team Nunavut will get one going soon too. There is also the QPID website and the FoN website. 
Countdown: 31 days (omg. )

Keep Smiling!
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment